mOnY's Cozy Space

Monday, August 04, 2008

The Hottest Day of the Year

It's 96F outside. From the radio, 107.1 FM, it was stated that today could be the hottest day of the year. It feels like 105'F ! Very hot and dry..
But here, in the office, I am still freezing..I need a sweater!

Anyhow, I would like to express my disappointments. First, Little Taipei has increased their price to $6.50 per dish! What a rip-off!
Little Taipei is our fav chinese restaurant. When I first came here, they had $4.50 per dish! Now, the price increased from $5 to $6.50 per dish!! :(((
Not only that, Cocost increased to $6 from $5.
My Apartment rent increases to $50 more of the original rent.
Boy oh boy..
Movie tickets increases to $7.
Despite all those price increase, the gas price slowly decreases. Last time I checked, Des Moines has $3.57 per gallon. Did you know that Des Moines is ranked 4th as the cheapest city to buy gas nationwide? (yes, nationwide!). Two years ago, Des Moines used to be #1.

Last Saturday, About 9 of us went boatpaddling instead of tubing. We were 15 mins late and could not make it in time to go tubing. Bah!
I was soo bummed when I got the call. But, we quickly decided to go to Big Creek Marina to kill time and maybe play there for a while.
We boatpaddled for 2 hours and let me tell you, it was quite a work out for our legs. They have sailboats, fishingboats, pontoons, canoeing, boatpaddling all in the water.
Whenever motorboats came around our way, we'd have big waves and we have to paddle against it. Luckily, I have a good paddler....Most of the time he paddled the boat by himself, hahaha..since I liked to chill out and enjoyed the weather, and just floated around. "Ngojeekkkk terussss..."
It was very funnnnnnnnnn.. wish we could do it all day.. huhuhu.
The weather was very good..lots of winds and sunshineee... :))
Pics will be posted later.

We then went to Famous Dave in DSM for dinner. I don't really dig BBQ ribs, but oh well..it was not too bad. As long as everyone is having fun, right? :)
By night time, we were exhausted and called it a night at 11pm. Time to sleep and rest our legs.. hehehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home