mOnY's Cozy Space

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Birthday...

It's almost my birthday..
I am not so excited yet..coz it means I am getting older..bahh..
But, I looked back at years behind me..what happened in the past that made me the person I am today?
I thanked God for the opportunity I have been given, that I could finish my school, continued my Masters degree and work until now. If it's not because of His help, I don't know if I can survive 'till this day.
Many trials I have faced..sometimes I got what I wanted, sometimes I did not get what I wanted. But, I believe that even though I did not get what I want, God gave me what I need.

Here is what I learned during my years in this earth:
1. Words can be your worst enemy. Always be careful on what you say because you will never know what is coming back at you. My mom always say to me that as a Christian, we believe that we are given power through our tongue. God listens to what we say, that's why we better be careful.

Whoever would love life and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceitful speech (1 Pet. 3:10).

2. Words can kill- better don't say anything rather than say something bad. When we are angry at something, we always feel the need to share our feelings to our friends. However, we have to realize that if we can't hold our friends accountable or trust them, be sure that whatever you shared, will be shared to another person by your friend, Thus, creating more drama and bitterness. So, lesson learned: bitch (pardon my French) about something to someone you really trust! LOL. I learned it the hard way....

Without wood a fire goes out, without gossip a quarrel dies down (Proverbs. 26:20).

3. Patience- this is the thing that I am struggling with the most. I hate it if I am not in control. I hate to have to let someone else control the situation and be patience about it. This happens at work, personal life and spiritual life. Hopefully, I am getting better with a bright new year ahead of me. LOL.

Be joyful in hope, patient in trouble, and persistent in prayer (Romans 12:12)

4. Never take things (even little things) for granted. Cherish the moment we have. Appreciate what we have coz just like everything else in the world, nothing is eternal and it could be taken from you unexpectedly.

5. Let go of the past, and Hope for the future.

6. Accept disappointments, but never lose Hope.

7. God always answer our prayers right in time- never too late, and never too early! Even though things may seem dark and there is no way around..trust me, if you ask for Him, He will be there..maybe not according to your timing, but trust me, help is on its way.

Now, for my wishes...boy, don't I have a lot of wishes....but I can't tell you what they are, coz they won't come true if I spill it. hehehe..
I know what I want for my birthday.. :))

1 Comments:

  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger New Nation said…

    Hey hit me up Smart-tech blogger

    http://WebStarts.com/smart-tech

     

Post a Comment

<< Home