mOnY's Cozy Space

Thursday, January 15, 2009

I met the good Samaritan with Arizona plate number today

"The coldest air in the last 10 years is here. the morning lows are starting at -17. That is about 10 degrees above the record -27 that was set in 1888. The all-time record low for Des Moines was -30 set on January 5, 1884. " ~ Channel 13 Weather

This morning was really cold...I am not kidding.. it felt like I was inside a deep freezer. My face was hurting so much as the cold wind blew. I had to stand outside my car and scrap the windows for 10 minutes!!! Soooo colddddddddddddddddddddddddd...
Then, I got into my car as fast as I could, ready to do my 45-min-daily commute.

I always dread the moment when I had to turn into US30E when snow is on the ground. Sure enough..as I turned my wheel, I can feel my car slided 90 degree, made my car facing the opposite direction of the traffic.
Panic started to kick in.. "oh goodness, how do I get back to the interstate?? there were so many traffic!!!"
As I waited for the right moment to pull my car back, I saw a-green-Honda-Civic pulled over next to me...the car has Arizona license plate.

There he was, an older man, fully covered with a winter outfit. He covered his whole face, except for his eyes. So, I cannot really see what he looks like, but I can tell that he is probably in his late 40's/early 50's.

That good man.. the good Samaritan..asked me if I was ok and if I need any help.
I told him that my car just slided and I needed to get back to the interstate and waiting for the traffic to clear up a bit...
Then, that good man started to park his car to the side and he walked down to try stop the traffic to give me time to pull back.

Oh mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.... he truly truly saved me!
I cannot say how much I am thankful to meet that man.
I just regret that I never got a chance to at least get his name or his phone number or anything to contact him to pay for his goodness.
When I finally got my car to the right direction, I stopped and thought that I probably should get down and approach the man. But, the traffic was so busyyy.. I could not even get down from my car. So, I rolled down my window and I yelled as loud as I could..."Thank youuuuu, sirrrr!!!!"...
then he waved his hand...

I just cannot express enough gratitude to the man....he wanted to get down from his warm car, and got outside to help out a stranger in this bitter cold weather.
Oh my goodness...really.. I am so so so so soooo thankful and relieved that there is still a goodness out there in the world.

Thank you, sir... whoever you are...
You have saved my day!
May God bless you and your family...

If you know someone who has a green Honda Civic with Arizona License plate, can you please help me say thank you to him.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home