mOnY's Cozy Space

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Winter Storm is coming again

Weather Forecast For Wednesday
A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect for Des Moines and most of Central Iowa until 3 AM Thursday. A Blizzard Watch goes into effect on Thursday. Rain, thunderstorms, sleet and then snow will be a part of the storm system today through Thursday noon. Heavy snow and Blowing Snow will make its way across the state on Thursday afternoon. Gusty winds will continue behind this system.
Jeriann Ritter
Channel 13 Weather

How fun! Another winter storm coming our way! This means, I will be stuck at home again...and last night our professor said that our Thursday night class will most likely be canceled due to bad weather! hip hip horray!!

Last night I was talking to my other friends who had interview with Sprint/Nextel as well. She told me that Sprint offered her the job yesterday (at the same time when that guy from Sprint called me)..but then unfortunately, it was short-lived! About 10 minutes later, that guy called her back and said that he needed to withdraw the offer because they could not file H1B visa for her. He said, Sprint needs to file all H1B visa in the next 2 days and they simply don't have time to file the visa for her. We were like "What the ****!"...
First, it was not her problem, it was Sprint's fault that they got back to her VERY LATE.. As noted before, they said that they would get back to us in the next 10 days after the interview date. Now, it's been a MONTH, and when this guy offered her yesterday, he just gave her that excuse???
That is very INTOLERABLE! My gosh, how could such a big company be such careless and be such unprofessional?
Second, we have this thing, called OPT.. one year work authorization.. she could simply use OPT until next year and file the visa next year! Let's see what that guy say later on.

Anyway.. after hearing those things, I am partially relieved that I did not get the job because I don't really want to be a part of company that simply doesn't show the level of professionalism that they should have. Partially, of course I am disappointed...what can I say, I am still a human being who will feel sad whenever we get rejected for anything. :P
So last night, 4 of us who drove together to DSM really2 shared the pain of job hunting.. hahaha.. It's very scary and stressing.. *sigh*..
Another thing is, when my friends know that I got interview with Google (word do really spread fast), they were sooo excited for me. I am happy of course, but at the same time, I don't really want to talk about it everytime! Simply because I don't want to build a very high expectation when we all know that anything can happen at this point. huhuhuhu... I would cry a river if I got another "love" letter from company..
Soo my beloved friends, please don't talk about Google with me anymore until the next 2 weeks..please just pray for me so I can do this well. :D Arigatoo Godaimazzzz..

2 Comments:

  • At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck.. ^_^
    -wie-

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger Mony said…

    huhuh, arigato neee...doakan dirikuu yaa wiekeeeeeeeee....btw, kemaren lutu ya kite ngomong jarak jauh gitu, hieheihee....:P lagi dong! :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home