mOnY's Cozy Space

Monday, February 05, 2007

Depression..

Last Saturday evening I got a call from our high-school friend's sister. I was quite shocked when she called me because something must be wrong if she does call me. To make the story short, basically she just cried and told me to help her brother who is our "lost" friend.
Here is when all starts...
I and my brother and this guy went to the same high school back then. We were actually best friends! We always went to to church and hang out together. So it was of course a good thing when he finally told us that he would come to the US with us. Then..for a while everything was good until he met his GF. We actually disapproved him to date her because of all the bad things I heard about her. Just like any good friends will do, I had a one-on-one talk with him. I told him about everything I heard about this girl. I told him to maybe take more time to think about his steps. And this all began... the girl knew that I had a talk with him, so the girl of course, hate me, and she banned him to see us ever again. We were quite sad when everything went downhill when he started dating her. We never saw them anymore, even at church. He did not pick up the phone when we called. Basically, we were shut out from his life. Hohohoho..I did not really want to meddle more into his life coz it is his life and not mine. So we just wished him a happiness.

About 2 years later, when the GF went back home for good, then for some reason we met again and he looked fine and everything. But then, after that, he was missing again! Never pick up the phone and stuff. Geezzzz.. we thought maybe he probably went back home for good too.
Then about 8 months later, which is yesterday, I got a call from his sister telling me that her brother is really depressed. He dropped out from school, he isolated himself, bla blabla.
I was soooo sad when I heard about all of this. Part of this maybe my fault too for having a talk with him which caused him to have to shut us out. I dont know how to help people with a depression. What should we do?? But anyway, this weekend I and my brother really spent time with him to assure him that we did not have a hard feeling when he shut us out.
Hmphh...we still care for him and we just wished that he came to us before he dropped out from school. He is such a smart guy!! I cannot believe this. In high school, he was really smart, he even slept during class and still can get a 9! Dang...It is really unfortunate that he felt so helpless and so lost... :(
Now, if one of you knew who I am talking about, please respect his privacy and not tell anyone. I am just wondering what sh0uld we do when our friend has a depression? I know he has to talk to a Therapist, but I dont know how to tell him.. :P
Anyway, thats it for today.. Ciaoo...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home