mOnY's Cozy Space

Thursday, January 25, 2007

What's wrong with Chloe?

Chloe was sick.. uh oh... When I went home from work 2 nights ago, I discovered that she pooped in her crate! Oh nooo... she never ever do that.. So I had to clean up the crate.. I had to throw away her hoodie--pink-blanket because she pooped on it. Yux!
It's just $1 so I might as well buy a new one for her. Anyway, so I immediately realized that something must be wrong..She was shaking and drank a lot. After I cleaned up her crate, I put her back into the crate. Then, about 30 minutes later, I heard she was barking and crying. Uh oh... I think she just threw up and peed! Gosh..
I had to clean up the crate again.. my oh my.. for the first time, I felt like a real mother..wake up in the middle of the night just to calm my baby and clean her bed..hahaha... After cleaning up, Chloe did not want to go back into her crate. I had to pet her first.. I had to tell her that it's ok to go back into the crate..."It's ok baby, it's ok...u're going to be ok".
You might think I am crazy, but somehow, I knew that Chloe understood what I was saying because right after that, she walked into her crate. ahauhuahaa.
Then, finally, I was able to have my good night sleep.

The next day, I was told to boil ground beef, add it with rice and yogurt for Chloe. The food is supposed to heal Chloe's diarrhea ( at least I thought she had diarrhea since she had soft stool). So, if you suspect that your dog has a diarrhea, you dont need to take her to Vet right away. Instead, try this:

-Cut the amount of food you are feeding in half
-Feed home cooked bland diets; they are vastly superior to the commercial bland diets promoted by many veterinarians
-Bland foods include:
-1/3 meat
Cooked meats that are very low in fat such as chicken (you can also boil hamburger, which will remove all the fat)
-2/3 rice or other bland grain
Cottage Cheese
White Rice (some will do better on cooked oatmeal)

Do not add any oils or fats to the diet at this point

To the Bland Food, add:
-Yogurt 1-3 tablespoons per meal (yogurt is soothing but does not really provide any significant beneficial bacteria.... see our information about
Lactobacillus sporogenes)
-Boiled Sweet Potato: 2-4 tablespoons

Apparently, dog likes it. At least, Chloe liked it! She finished her dinner right away. Hohoho..She is doing better too, so it's all good.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Destri Andorf said…

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH mony's mother instinct has already kick in!! :) hehehehehe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home