mOnY's Cozy Space

Monday, November 29, 2010

Chicken Satay Recipe


I made this chicken skewer for thanksgiving meal with my "new" family. I was a bit nervous that they may not like it. But I thought, I'd go ahead and brought anyway to introduce them a bit of Indonesian food. Turned out, they loved it! :)))
Here is the recipe. You can google and find hundreds of recipe too but I make my own version to simplify.


Marinade sauce:
4 cloves of garlic- minced finely
4 cloves of shallot- minced finely
4 tbs of sweet soy sauce
1 tbs of soy sauce
sprinkle of salt and pepper
4 basil leaves- chopped
1 tbs ground coriander
1/4 cup of water

Preparation:
First, Cut the skin because we want to make oil out of it. Then, Cut the chicken (I used dark meat because I love the texture) into cubes and marinade it overnight with the sauce. Put it in the fridge. You want to cover it so your whole fridge does not stink (my hubby said it stinks our fridge so bad) LOL..sorry, love! :P

Chicken Oil:
drizzle a bit of olive oil in the pan, and heat it. Put the chicken skin on the pan and on low heat, let all the oil sweat out of the skin. You will know it is done when the skin becomes crispy.
Sprinkle with salt.

Grill Time:
The next morning, put the chicken in the skewer bamboo stick. (Don't forget to soak the bamboo stick in the water before you grill, to avoid it being burnt easily --> tricks that I learned from my hubby)
Brush it with the chicken oil before they head to the griller.
Grill it!
Once its done, sprinkle with lime juice.

Sauce:
Peanut Sauce: I bought from the asian market to save time.
Chilli Sauce: Sweet soy sauce with chopped shallots and thai chilli and 1/2 squeezed lime

Enjoyy :))

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home