mOnY's Cozy Space

Monday, October 30, 2006

I hate Monday!

I can't believe it's Monday again..hmphh...This is going to be a busy Monday for me.. I have a group meeting right at 11.30 for tomorrow's presentation and then work until 5pm then night class until 9.30pm, and then..go to work until 11.30pm!!! Woo ...hoo...

Anyway...have I told to you that me and my friends are going to hold an event for Indo ladies living here in Ames? It's going to be on Saturday, Nov 4. This is actually pioneered by -dx3- to gather all Indo ladies so we can hang out and eat bunch of food (potluck party). Do you know that we only have a total of 20 Indo ladies here?? We used to have a lot of Indonesians here. I remember when I came here, we have around 300 Indonesians go to ISU. But now, I think it's only 80 people total. Wow..where does everybody go?
So anyway..yupe..so for all of you who are a female and Indonesian (no guys are allowed :P), please come to -dx3-'s place and we'll have a party!! But dont forget to bring your food. :P

Ohh..last night I talked with Enen and she said I should make novel about my own life. Hahahaha..that will be something, huh? Roller coaster ride with Mony. Yupe, surely a lot of things happened during our 6 years staying in US. I think that is the critical point in shaping who we really are until today. I feel that my personality has changed quite a lot since I have been living in US. For instance, I used to want to please everyone. I will sacrifice my own need and want to please everyone. Now, I don't do that anymore except for people that I love. No more pleasing everybody, because that will only cause troubles for me.
And I particularly don't really like our Indo's habits which we always try to give a good/positive impression in front of our friends, family, etc eventhough when we don't really like that people. Why should we be a hypocrite? If we don't like to hang out with some people, so don't try to give a impression that we like them. I know we are not supposed to hate people, but what I m trying to say is, sometimes when you feel that you are not comfortable near someone, well..stay away then. I like Americans that they always say what they think, to the point and straight and no hard feeling. But us, nooo...we generally tend to agree to what anyone says just to please everyone. I have learned not to do that, especially now in MBA class setting, if you agree to anything they say, they will look down on you. So..people..quit pleasing everyone and try to be yourself!!!Do you agree???
This is fact..out of millions of people in this world, we will have at least 2 people that love us unconditionally. We don't need to have everyone to like us...It's ok that someone may not like you as long as you are true to yourself and to others. Live your life and be a good person. Like a famous Indo celeb says "So what gitu lohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

hahahha....anyway.. I gotta get ready to go to my meeting.
Have a great Mondayyyyyy

1 Comments:

  • At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yeah... so what gitu loh!!!!! I agree with monche!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home