mOnY's Cozy Space

Monday, June 30, 2008

..soulmate..

Do you believe that God only created/chose one person for each of us?

Last Saturday my twin-bro gave me a plastic bag full of his ex-gf's love notes, cards, etc. He wanted me to throw it away, but like any good sister will do.. I had to read most of them before throwing all those "secrets" away :D
Basically, all cards said the same thing that they loved each other..bla bla..they can't live without each other, bla bla..They dated for 7 years, but then, they broke up for some stupid reason ( I think) and the girl married someone else just months after they broke up. Then we found out, she actually dated someone else just right before she and my twin broke up.

Looking back at highschool and the early 5 years..everything looked wonderful. If you knew both of them, you'd think that they were right for each other, perfect for each other that they could complement each other's weaknesses and strengths. Of course, they had to go through a long distance relationship for 4 years which was pretty tough coz my bro was in the US and she was in singapore. Imagine the time difference, the distance, etc. Nevertheless, they managed to keep going until it shattered slowly.

I got into thinking.. If God were to made one special person for us, what would happen if one of us made a "mistake" (marry someone else and be happy with other people) ?
Will the "left-behind" person have to wait for God to create a new spouse for us? Or will He chose someone else for us …someone who missed the "soulmate bus" too..and waiting for a second chance?

Growing up in my home country, I was accustomed to the idea of God will only choose one right person for each of us, i.e soulmate. However, I, personally, don't neccesarilly agree with that idea….I believe that God let us choose our own spouse/partner. I believe that if our heart is in the right place, and if we asked for His guidance and blessing, He would bless whoever our partner is and our relationship with our partner.

The key is..we have to choose wisely.. :)

what ya think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home