mOnY's Cozy Space

Friday, June 27, 2008

Fast and Yummy Mini Martabak Manis ala Mony (Sweets Pancake)

Tee.hee..hee..

I tried to make martabak manis yesterday since I wanted to finish all my soon-to-be-expired-cheddar-cheese. Soo..I browsed for a good but yet a simple recipe to make this.


I can't believe how complicated some recipes are..they told us to wait for 1-2 hr after putting the yeast into the dough...
I can't wait that long! Im not patient enough!.. :)
Finally, after spending about 30 minutes looking for a fast and simple recipe, which I can't find one....I got crazy enough to try my own modified recipe.
The result is pretty good..although it's hard to keep a good even brown color for the outter layer. I need more practices..but first time to try this is not too bad.


Anyhow, here is the recipe I used:

serving: 8 mini sweet pancakes/ mini martabak manis

Ingredients:


125 g all-purpose flour
180 ml coconut milk-
50 g granulated sugar
1 egg
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 tbs sweat cream butter
1/4 yeast (optional)

Filling (you can put anything you like):

chocolate sprinkle (better if you can buy at asian food store instead of regular grocery store)
cheddar cheese
condensed milk
margarine

Directions:

1. Heat the coconut milk in microwave for 30s

2. Mix it with sugar, flour, salt, egg, baking soda, butter

3. Stirr well until well-blended and smooth

4. Put a bit margarine in a small non-stick cooking pan, and pour 2-3 cocktail-spoon-size of the mixture into the cooking pan..even it out..cook until crispy and brown on the outside

5. Fill the stuffing into the pancake while it's still hot- margarine, condensed milk, lotsa cheddar cheeese and chocolate sprinkles. :)

6. Fold the pancake into 2..

7. serve hot

Notes:

some recipes used 1/2tbs yeast, but I did not use one since I did not have any.

You can add sesame seeds as filling to the pancake..that's how we usually eat it back home.

The picture is not taken from my own pancakes, I "borrow" it from other sites, but it looks exactly like that.

Enjoy.. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home