mOnY's Cozy Space

Monday, June 04, 2007

Weekend in Colorado




























Friday, like usual, I spent my morning and afternoon looking for jobs.
After -s- got home from work, that's when my weekend starts. We went to Pearl Street, thinking we should get dinner there. Basically Pearl Street is just like Kansas City Plaza (if you've been there). It is an outdoor place with many stores and restaurants and bars along the street.
After walking around for quite a while, we decided to have dinner at our fav restaurat, Olive Garden. But it turned out, it was not quite satisfying like I thought it would be. First, we had to wait for 10 mins although you can see that the restaurant is empty on the left side. I guess, they just wanted to use the right side. Then, after ordering, we had to wait for another 10 mins for our soups to come. The waiter said that they were making a new batch of soup for us, so we had to wait a bit more. Fineee.....
Then, the food was not so good after all...I think the white wine overpower the other spices, so it felt like I ate a pasta with white wine. Yuck....
Blahhhh...well oh well, that's my first disappointment with O.G.
After dinner, we went to rent a DVD "DejaVU" at Red Box. FYI, I am really loving Red Box!!
It's a DVD vending machine!! I think it is a really super cool idea that people can come up with.
Anyway that's my Friday.

Saturday- woke up in the morning to watch DejaVu.. then around 2 pm, we went to Denver to go to oriental super market to get our needs for tonight's dinner. We are having a small party for Sen's bday so we are cooking 1 appetizer, 5 entrees, 1 dessert.
-Fish Cake
-Rendang (curry beef)
-Ginger Chicken
-Telor Bali (balinesse egg)
-Kangkung Balacan
-Bubur Ketan Item

Look at that!! Isn't that a huge list?! We cooked right from 4pm until 7pm! The dinner was supposed to start at 7pm, but as usual, nobody showed up until 7.30pm. hahahaha..
Oh well...
The good thing is everyone loved the food...so it was a big success for us!
Later that night, we went to one of the club here, "Purple MArtini"....it was a good place, but too bad they didnt have a dance floor, AHAHHAHAHAHA;... my friend was actually aching to shake shake. LOL

Sunday-went to Church, BEthany International Church.
People were nice. The most amazing thing is, I met my super old friend there! We went to same primary school back at Jakarta. hauahuhauhahaha
What a small world!!!
Anyhow, then we went to Indo Bazaar to have lunch. Sen bought Nasi Kuning, while I bought Mie Ayam..nyam nyam..
Deb bought Ayam Rujak Bali, nyam nyam..
everyhing was soo gooddd, except, the music band!!! Soooooo ugly n so messy ahhhh.....It made us want to get away from that place ASAP...so we went to 19th Street MAll to get some Gelato...nyammmmmmmmmmmmmm
Then, me, deb, sen went further to walk around the street while the others went back home.
Bah..

That's it for my fun weekend...
Ciaoooooooooooooooooooo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home