mOnY's Cozy Space

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Day 3...Harajuku..Meiji-Jinggu Temple

Ah...today we went to Harajuku. First, we stopped by at a Meiji-Jinggu temple there. That's the front gate of the temple. We had to walk for about 15-20 minutes to the shrine. Oh gosh..my shoes were killing me too...I wore my high-heel boot today since I wanted to try to be more like Japanese gals who always wear high heels shoes no matter what!!! Oh well..I guess Im not ready yet to be a Japanese gal! :P
We stopped at the nearest restroom to get a drink before go further..



ahhh...in front of the restaurant/restroom, there are lots of huge sake drums.. ( i m not sure if I call this right) hehehe..hmmm..
Im not sure why they put this inside the temple..




OK...so then we continued our journey to the shrine...taadaaa. Here I was, standing infront of the front gate of the shrine.














But wait..before we go inside, we have to cleanse our mouth and hands...but we didnt do it since we just wanted to look around..







Inside the temple, we could write our wishes in one wooden tablet and for 500 yen the priests will pray for whatever the written wishes that were hung on the wall. Look at the people writting their wishes on the tables. I read few wishes on the wall..Generally, people wrote "I wish for happiness and health for my parent, uncle, bla bla bla" I wonder, why people didnt write " I wish I could get richer in the future." hehehehe...(j/k)



Anyhow...this temple also could be used as a wedding ceremony. I was lucky today because there was one couple getting married inside the temple!!! Yay.. look at the picture..they were wearing a traditional Japanese wedding gown. Interesting, huh?








I dont know what this guy is, but I think he is some kind of a priest?? Hmm...maybee he is guarding the shrine....He looks kinna cute, but too bad he is a priest, we cant date priests!!! LOL









This is where people toss a coin and clap their hands twice before praying. Not really a good picture, eh? Sorry..I was too nervous to take the pic because I didnt want to bother people praying.






Now..can you guess what do they sell???
Cookies maybe?? yummyy...but nope nope.. People! remember, I was inside of the temple!! No cookies are sold!! hihihi..
For those of you who think that they are selling talisman or good luck charm, yeahh, you are 100% correct!!!
The talisman or good luck charms were pretty colorful..I thought at first they were candies, hahahaha..




2 Comments:

  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Destri Andorf said…

    mony.. what's talisman>>??? I don't know what's talisman... :( huuu hu.. but anyway.. seems like u have a lot of fun there !! good for you ! :) don't forget to bring m e some souvenir okay !! :)

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger Mony said…

    Ah..talisman...it's to protect you from bad spirits.Maybe I should call it as good luck charm too. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home